Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bear with Matt's Crapness

So I haven't posted in a while, mostly for good reasons. Primarily, the power situation here has been rather dire during the past week with ~5 outages/day, each lasting 1-1.5 hours. The major effect of this is not that I don't have power to run my comp, but 1.) we don't have a battery operated router/modem and 2.) with no fans/ac the heat becomes too unbearable to stay inside and work. This weekend we are getting a battery-based backup system installed and should have it much easier from here on out.

Secondarily, I'm working on an idea that I came up with a loong time ago about putting real-life audio with a photo/photos... however blogspot won't let me post anything other than still photos or video... are any of you out there smart enough to help me or know of a program that will let me layer audio on a still to make an avi/mpg/mov other than premiere (and seriously, if anyone suggests a mac program he/she will receive a fresh sacred-cow patty to the head)?

Thirdly, I'm taking this epi/biostat course from 8:30-5-ish each day plus trying to hammer out the details of my research project so I don't have a lot of time to spend with y'all. Next week, I'll hit you with an entry so big you'll need an e-plunger.

P.S. If you haven't already, check out the pictures of my house/vellore I put up on facebook.

No comments: