Saturday, August 2, 2008

தர்மொப்லச்ட்டி (Dharmoplasty)

So dharma is the essential nature of a thing. It's the "you"-ness of you, or the "universe"-ness of the universe. Even though you may grow old, lose a nostril, grow hair in your ears, etc... you are essentially still you... your dharma is unchanged. For those of you who speak Medicine or Greek, you see therefore that the title of my blog is a bit of a cosmic chuckler. For those of you who don't, "-plasty" refers to the act of moulding or shaping, implying plasticity... changability. So perhaps taking a year off from medical school to do research in India won't change my dharma... but I wouldn't bet against it.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Oh poop I had to create a google account and it erased my message! Oh well... So I said: ooh ooh plasty my dharma too oh please oh please! But only in a good way, to better-ify my me-ness! I likey!